Advertisement
Sonu Sood had to walk out of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi owing to his professional commitment towards Simmba. And the actor says not being a part of the period drama will always bother him.
“Not being a part of Manikarnika… will always bother me. I will always miss that whole experience of shooting for the film because the film was very special to me,” Sonu told IANS.
“But sometimes things are not meant to happen and I was not meant to be part of Manikarnika… I just want to wish the team all the best. I am sure everyone has worked really hard on the film and film has to do well for every individual associated with the film,” he added.
Advertisement
Sonu walked out of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi due to the clash of the looks he required to sport in the two films. In Rohit Shetty’s Simmba, Sonu is seen with a beard, but in Manikarnika… he was supposed to have a clean shaven look as a warrior.
When Kangana Ranaut stepped in to re-shoot some portions of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, which tells the story of Rani Laxmibai, Sonu was unable to change his look owing to his commitment towards Simmba.
But Kangana, the leading lady of Manikarnika…, claimed that Sonu left the movie as he “refused to work under a woman director”. He denied all these allegations last year. He was replaced by Zeeshan Ayyub in the film, which will release on January 25.
Asked if he is willing to work with Kangana, Sonu said: “She has always been a very close friend and I have no qualms against her. I would like to wish her all the best.”
What about working together?
“I don’t know whether we will be a part of a script which can justify both of us. As actors, we both are demanding. If something has to happen, I think God has to plan some really great script to make this happen.”