Exactly a year ago today i.e. on April 26, Avengers: Endgame hit the cinemas and brought the expected hurricane at the box office. The last part of MCU’s 3rd phase carried huge expectations and fanfare which was all there to witness in cinemas last year. The film featuring all the Avengers i.e. Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch), Captain Marvel (Brie Larson), Ant-Man (Paul Rudd), Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman), Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Spider-Man (Tom Holland) among others released globally on April 26 and did gigantic business and broke big box office records like nothing.
Here are some interesting facts regarding Avengers: Endgame that will make you go Wow:
1) $1 billion mark worldwide is a huge thing in Hollywood and Avengers: Endgame crossed this mark in just 5 days of its release and that was the first time any film achieved this feat.
2) Avengers: Endgame‘s budget was $356 million i.e. Rs 2,716.35 crores. The film recovered it on its second day run itself. The worldwide opening of the film was $305 million and on the second day, it comfortably started making profits theatrically.
Even if we consider just China’s revenue for the American film, Avengers: Endgame made enough gains. Endgame’s lifetime business in China only was $614,316 which is a little less than double of costs.
3) The worldwide lifetime business of Avengers: Endgame is $2.798 billion i.e. Rs 21,348 crores. This means the film generated more than 7x ROI to its incredible costs.
4) In India, Avengers: Endgame was a phenomenan of its own kind. No Hollywood film ever had received a response like this one. The superhero film collected 365.50 crores at Indian Box Office. The interesting part is that it was more than the total business of all Avenger films combined. Have a look below:
i) Avengers: Infinity War: 222.69 crores
ii) Avengers: Age Of Ultron: 76 crores
iii) The Avengers: 53 crores
Total: 351.69 crores
5) Let alone Hollywood films in India, no domestic film apart from Baahubali 2 and Dangal have generated theatrical revenue like Avengers: Endgame. Yes, it crossed even biggies like Tiger Zinda Hai, Sanju, PK, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, and many more.
6) It created an opening benchmark in India by breaking all Bollywood records and that too with a non-holiday release. The film took an opening of 53.10 crores which no Bollywood film had achieved before that. Thugs Of Hindostan was best till then with an opening of 52.25 crores and War crossed Endgame later in 2019 by collecting 53.35 crores on Day 1.
Both TOH & War were big holiday releases.
7) First week business of Avengers: Endgame was more than the lifetime business of many big Bollywood action films like Uri: The Surgical Strike, Krrish 3 (highest-grossing Bollywood superhero film), Ek Tha Tiger and more.
Isn’t that fascinating?