Singham Surpasses Salman Khan’s Ready & Dabangg At Places
Singham has created records in 1st week at most of the ‘B’ and ‘C’ class centres of Maharashtra. Even in an ‘A’ class centre like Pune, it has created theatre records in some single-screen cinemas. In other words, at places where it has created records, its collections are better than those of Ready and Dabangg. In all, it has created records in more than 50 cinemas!
Singham’s Box-Office Records: Fact File
- The Ajay Devgan starrer has recovered in the first week itself almost the entire MG royalty amount paid by Bombay distributor Ramesh Sippy to Reliance Entertainment. It has collected a net of Rs. 21 crore from Bombay circuit! Break-up:- Bombay city & suburbs Rs. 4.54 crore; Thane Rs. 2.42 crore; Pune Rs. 2.65 crore; rest of Maharashtra Rs. 2.43 crore; Goa Rs. 36 lakh; Bombay Karnataka Rs. 47 lakh; Gujarat Rs. 6.59 crore; Saurashtra Rs. 1.47 crore.
- Singham has created a Chhattisgarh record for single- screen cinemas at Shyam, Raipur by collecting 9,37,828/- in 1st week. The first week’s share from Shyam is more than 8,25,000/-. Gross collections at Shyam are better than the gross collections at each of the multiplexes of Raipur, viz. Cinemax, Inox, Glitz and Krishna Big.
- The film has created a theatre record by collecting 8,51,602/- in 1st week at Sangam Cineplex, Bhopal. It has also created a theatre record at Alpana Cineplex, Bhopal.
At a theatre in Chattarpur (C.I.), collections of Singham were better than the collections of each of Ready and Dabangg.
- Ashta, a small centre in C.I., has a population of 40,000 only. Singham collected 1,73,983/- in 1st week at Anshay cinema of Ashta, which is the highest ever for any film.
- Singham has created a city record by collecting 3,48,901/- in 1st week at Jagatdarshan, Guna (C.I.).
- Singham has created city records in 1st week at Mahendra, Barawani (C.I.) and Vivek, Biaora (C.I.).
- Singham has created a theatre record in 1st week at Mayur, Morena. It collected better than Ready.
- Singham has created a theatre record in 1st week at Maharaj, Chattarpur (C.I.). Collection was better than collection of each of Ready and Dabangg.