When Marvel reacquired the rights of ‘Hulk’ character from Universal, they must’ve had huge expectations from The Incredible Hulk. In fact, it won’t be wrong to say that fans all over the world were keeping an eye on it, especially after the huge success of Iron Man.
The Edward Norton starrer, when released in 2008, couldn’t create the noise it was expected to do. Although it proved to be a decent success.
Have a look at some of the facts below about the Louis Leterrier directorial.
1) The Incredible Hulk was made on a budget of $150 million and collected $265 million at the worldwide box office.
2) The film was 21st highest-grossing Hollywood film worldwide that year as it did more business than High School Musical 3, Taken, Ye Man etc.
3) In the US, The Incredible Hulk proved to be 14th highest grosser of 2008. The film wasn’t a huge success but it did more business than Wanted, Juno and others.
4) The opening business of the film in the US was $55.4 million.
5) The Incredible Hulk’s worldwide business was just $20 million more than Universal’s Hulk released in 2003.
But no matter if The Incredible Hulk couldn’t prove to be a huge success, the character later played a great role in the rest of the Avengers films. Hulk contributed immensely to the overall fun element of the films and also their box office collections.