As you read this piece, the Kabir Khan directed film has crossed the 200 crore mark.
The film had collected around 198 crore till yesterday by bringing in over 13 crore on Friday. As the morning shows commenced today, it was a matter of tickets worth 2 crore to be sold. That has happened now, and with this, the film has passed the 200 crore milestone.
It is also the day when Sajid Nadiadwala’s Kick had released a year back (on 25th July 2014) and kick-started on a Blockbuster campaign. While the film had managed a lifetime total of 233 crore, Bajrangi Bhaijaan would comfortably surpass that by tomorrow night, hence turning out to be Salman’s biggest grosser till date.
Till that happens, here is the list of some of the records that the film has already created:
– This is Salman Khan’s second 200 crore film after Kick
– This is Kareena Kapoor Khan’s second 200 crore film after 3 Idiots (202 crore)
– This would be Kareena’s biggest grosser ever by late afternoon
– This is now Kabir Khan’s biggest grosser ever after Ek Tha Tiger (199 crore)
– This is Eros’ biggest grosser ever (and their first 200 crore film), hence leaving behind their Tanu Weds Manu Returns (152 crore) by a huge distance
– This is the biggest grosser of the year already by a great margin
– This is a Blockbuster already and would be an All Time Blockbuster by next weekend
Watch this space for further updates on records that are being toppled by Bajrangi Bhaijaan with every passing day.
Joginder Tuteja tweets @tutejajoginder