Advertisement

Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap admitted that he knew about the sexual harassment allegations against director Vikas Bahl and feels sorry for not taking a right decision.

Last year, a woman employee at Phantom Films, which had Bahl as one of the partners along side Kashyap, Vikramaditya Motwane and Madhu Mantena, had accused Bahl of harassing her during a trip to Goa. Phantom Films has now been dissolved after a seven-year run.

Vikas Bahl Sexual Controversy: Here’s What Anurag Kashyap Has To Say About It!

“While at Phantom, I did everything I could, within what I was told by my partner and his lawyers. For legal and financial decisions, I was fully dependent on my partner and his team. They took care of those things so I could focus on what I did better, creatives. His word and his team’s word on any matter used to be the final word for us,” Kashyap said in a lengthy statement which he posted on Twitter on Sunday.

Advertisement

“According to legal advice provided to me then, I was told that we had very limited options. Now in hindsight and after taking stock of things myself, I can quite see how I was ill-advised,” he added.

Kashyap explained how he tackled the situation by naming and shaming Bahl in public. The company barred Bahl from the office premises and took away his signing authority.

He also said that the studio’s contract did not allow him to go against his partner Bahl.