The countdown to Rajnikant and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan starrer Endhiran – The Robot has begun. We bring you 10 things you did not know about ‘Endhiran-The Robot’:
1. At Rs. 110 crore, ‘Endhiran-The Robot’ is the costliest Indian film ever made.
2. 40% of the budget said to be spent on special effects alone. Set in the 2020 AD, it’s no surprise that the robots and futuristic sets cost a lot!
3. Rajnikanth and Aishwarya Rai paired romantically for the first time. What you don’t know is that Kamal Hassan and Preity were initially considered for the lead roles!
4. Yuen Woo Ping, action choreographer/fight advisor in films like The Matrix, Kill Bill Vol.1, Kill Bill Vol. 2 & Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was Endhiran’s stunt coordinator.
5. First Indian film for Mary E. Vogt, the costume designer for the Men In Black series. Mary and Manish Malhotra were in charge of costume designs.
6. Stanwinston Studio, the maker of Jurassic Park, Predator, Terminator, Iron Man and Avatar, provided the animatronics technology.
7. The film will release worldwide on 1st October, 2010, in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi.
8. Think Music had acquired the music rights of the Tamil version for a whopping Rs 7 crore, the highest ever for a South Indian film.
9. Rajnikanth’s make-up was worth the cost of a small film—Rs 3 crore.
10. Rajnikant has not taken even a single paisa from the producer for acting in ‘Robot’ till date.