Bhaag DK Bose – The Secret Behind The Song
Even as the racy, irreverent number from Delhi Belly, Bhaag DK Bose, is capturing the imagination of India’s youth, questions are being asked if the usage of double meaning words in Bollywood is really something new. Detractors aside, it has to be said that the song has really caught on (going by the number of internet searches). The credit for this goes to Aamir Khan’s talented team.
DK Bose back story, only on Koimoi.com:
1. It was the film writer Akshat Verma who came up with the idea of using the key phrase DK Bose. Director Abhinay Deo and producer Aamir Khan thought that since the catch phrase went with the young and irreverent theme of the film, they gave their nod.
2. Amitabh Bhattacharya then wrote the song’s lyrics, also targeting the youth. Sample these gems: Yeh bheja garden hai/ Aur tension maali hai// Mann ka taanpura/ Frustration mein chhede ek hi raag// Bhaag bhaag DK Bose DK Bose DK Bose.
3. Ram Sampat composed and sung the song in a grunge rock style, which is again very unique to what we have seen in the recent years in Bollywood, comparisons to Ranbir Kapoor’s Rockstar notwithstanding.
4. After Aamir and the crew heard the final number, they liked it so much that they decided to use it as the theme song of the film. They also decided that this would be the first song to be released as a part of the film’s promotional campaign.
5. Sajid Sheikh (correction: not Kiran Rao) directed a special music video on the song, where Imran Khan is seen sporting a very different look. Also accompanying him in the music video are Vir Das and Kunal Roy Kapoor. We think the video rocks. At least, the actors had fun shooting the same. Just look at how happily they trash their guitars!
6. So much was the importance given to this video that Imran Khan especially learnt to play a few guitar chords, just for the shooting of the song!
Catch the promo and music video versions of Bhaag DK Bose:
Comment via Facebook
|Rs. 26.63 cr|
|Rs. 55.25 cr|
|Rs. 19.00 cr|
|Rs. 14.00 cr|
|Rs. 00.40 cr|