After much anticipation, John Abraham’s Batla House, has finally hit the theatre screens this Independence Day and has been receiving rave reviews from both critics as well as the audiences. Although, there’s Akshay Kumar’s Mission Mangal that has given it a tough competition, the movie still made a decent start, and here’s what the early trends suggest about the opening collections.
As per the early trends flowing in, Batla House has made collections in the range of 14-16 crores yesterday. Although, this is a decent start, the numbers could have been far better had there been no other release. Although, last year Satyameva Jayate & Gold, both did incredibly well despite a clash, this time, the John Abraham starrer faced the ‘Mission Mangal’ storm. Albeit, the numbers are only expected to grow with each coming day, considering the positive word of mouth that it’s been receiving.
Following the Delhi High Court’s green signal to Batla House, its lead actor John Abraham said on Wednesday that he would not look at the whole process as a victim.
Directed by Nikkhil Advani, Batla House is inspired by the alleged police encounter in Delhi in the wake of the 2008 serial blasts. John essays the character of Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Sanjeev Kumar Yadav, who spearheaded the operation.
Justice Vibhu Bakhru disposed off the plea after filmmakers agreed to make changes in the disclaimer and modify/delete scenes that were objected to by the petitioners.
Sharing his thoughts on this, John told the media here: “If you have a point of view or you want to raise an issue, you must, because democracy is all about that.
“We (filmmakers) are on a platform where people might ask us a question and we should be ready with the answers. I would not look at it as a victim…no, we are not getting victimised here except for social media trolls where nameless, faceless people are there and trolling.”