Hrithik Roshan is a very name that symbolizes style, fashion and aura that not many Bollywood celebs can carry. His sharp and flawless dance moves, brawny body, mesmerizing looks and effective acting are factors that make him the perfect hero figure.
It’s our style icon, Hrithik Roshan’s birthday and the actor turns 39 today. Keeping the fête high, this year the actor will be celebrating this special day with some of his close pals and relatives in a party thrown by his lovely wife, Suzanne Roshan.
KoiMoi wishes Bollywood’s Greek God a very happy birthday and good luck for all his future endeavors.
Gracing the occasion, Koimoi brings to you some of the lesser-known secrets about the actor which you may find really intriguing:
1. Apart from his fabulous acting skills, Hrithik also has a fondness towards photography. The actor used to capture all his life events in photos since the time he was in school. He also maintains a scrapbook of his own, that contains the collection of his best images.
2. Hrithik Roshan has two joined thumbs in his right hand which he usually hides in all his movies. However in Koi…Mil Gaya, the thumb was shown as it went together with the plot of the movie featuring an alien with two joined thumb.
3. Even though the actor is known for his impressive voice and diction in movies, he had to face a lot of issues in his childhood to make it this perfect. Hrithik had a stammering problem as a child which disabled him to speak in public. In an interview on a reality show, Hrithik spoke about his stammering problem for the very first time saying, “For oral tests at school, I used to bunk school, I used to fall sick, I used to break my hand, I used to get a sprain.”
The actor has now started a speech therapy institution to help people with similar issues.
4. At the age of 21, Hrithik was diagnosed with a disease called Scoliosis. Suffering from such a disease that will not allow him to stand straight upright, Hrithik’s doctor told him that he will never be able to act, dance or even be an actor. However, the actor overcame the problem with his strong will and he now stands tall in the industry.
5. Being extremely close to his father, Rakesh Roshan, Hrithik never got any scolding or beating from his father. It was only once when Hrithik and some of his friends were throwing empty bottles from the terrace that Rakesh Roshan got very angry and beat him up.
6. The only actor whom Hrithik is extremely close to in the industry is Uday Chopra. In fact the two actors are good friends since the time they were in school. The duo went together to Bombay Scottish School and attended the same computer and karate classes.
7. It was after the release of Kaho Na…Pyar Hai in 2000 that Hrithikmania started and lasted for a few months. Girls from all across the country would send him love letters and cards and would stand in long queues to get a glimpse of the actor.
8. It was superstar Shah Rukh Khan who was chosen to play the lead in Kaho Na…Pyar Hai. However he did not like the role that much and it was ultimately given to Hrithik, which proved on to be his best performance.
9. Following Hrithik’s craze and the success of his debut movie, he received an approximate of 30,000 marriage proposals in the Valentine’s Day of 2000.
10. Kaho Na…Pyar Hai wasn’t his debut movie. Hrithik had earlier appeared in 1980’s Aasha in a dance sequence, 1980’s, Aap Ke Deewane and 1986’s Bhagwan Dada as a child actor. Aasha was directed by Hrithik’s grandfather J. Om Prakash.