10 years ago, if you had told anyone that an awkward little boy with glasses and a lightning shaped scar on his forehead would make history, you would have been laughed at. But J. K. Rowling and her little wizard Harry Potter have done just that, and more! From a depressed orphan to one of the most successful movie franchises, Harry Potter has fans eating out of his hands in every book and film made.
So good is this one that the filmmakers realized that the final book in the series, ‘Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows’, would have to be translated on screen in two parts for “purely creative reasons” as “unlike every other book, you cannot remove elements of this book.” As Rowling approved the split, even the grumbles of the fans quietened.
As the green-eyed wizard approaches his penultimate movie, releasing on November 19th in India,we bring you 7 Reasons to watch Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1:
1. Daniel Radcliffe strips for the movie! Yup, even though the actor has already done it for his play ‘Equus’, we wonder how much the censors will allow to remain.
2. The filmmakers have taken some creative freedom and included some scenes that are not present in the book. There’s a kiss between Harry Potter and Hermione Granger; an extra chase sequence. Besides, Hermione’ s parents also make an appearance.
3. The wizard, Harry Potter, is finally growing up. This movie is the darkest and most violent of the Harry Potter franchises. So you can expect loads of action, death and spells.
4. If you’re tired of seeing Harry, Ron and Hermione wandering about Hogwarts, then brighten up. The trio is barely in their school for the first part of ‘Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows’.
5. Jamie Waylett, who plays Vincent Crabbe in the film, has opted out. Instead of getting a replacement for the bully, the makers decide to strike off his role in the movie to be taken by his crony Gregory Goyle. One less bully to worry about.
6. After six movies, Daniel Radcliffe finally seems to be getting his acting right. Now we are not complaining about the rest of the cast (they were fabulous!) but no one can disagree than Daniel did lack a lot in the ‘expression’ department.
7. It’s your last chance to see many characters! That’s right, if you have even vaguely heard about how the Harry Potter series ends, you ought to know that Rowling hasn’t flinched in bumping off many of our beloved characters.
So what are you waiting for? The hunt has begun…