Who would have ever thought of Mallika Sherawat, a Bollywood sex siren, as a scaly slithering snake? Well, whoever did, has given a lot of people something to look forward to! Mallika’s film Hisss is set to hit theatres tomorrow (21st October, 2010) and we’d like to give you 10 reasons to watch her as the new-age snake woman. So here goes nothing!
1. After Sridevi and Reena Roy, it’s quite refreshing to have a gorgeous lady go the reptile way again.
2. Mallika isn’t just doing the old fashioned dancing and pining. We’ve seen her do some stunts in the promos and it looks pretty good.
3. Mallika is going nude for the film! With a body like hers, it’s going to be a win-win situation! (According to Mallika, there are three scenes.)
4. Julian Lennon, son of the legendary Beatles singer John Lennon, has composed a song, sung by Mallika, for the film.
5. Shruti Hassan is singing for the movie and so is Mallika Sherawat herself.
6. A modern take on a vengeful woman out to save her man? This should be more than interesting!
7. We’ve rarely seen a Bollywood actress carry a film entirely on her shoulders. Mallika is doing all the promotions via Twitter, going to Kerala, meeting snake-charmer…You go girl!
8. Unlike other actresses, Mallika Sherawat isn’t hiding behind body doubles or excuses of ‘aesthetics’ for her nude scenes.
9. There’s royalty in the film! Her Royal Highness, Princess Lakshmi Bai of Travencore plays Divya Dutta’s mother in the film.
10. Mallika looks absolutely hot in the promos. From her shapely body, to her wavy locks, this lass looks like a million bucks!