From an astoundingly glittering debut in a Dharma productions film to being one of the most refreshing faces around today, Sidharth Malhotra is the new hot thing in Bollywood. Brainy and brawny, Sid is cool with a capital C. When you speak to him, his baritone voice sets just the right tone for the free flowing interview. Other than his voice, everything else is casual and friendly.
While he celebrates his quiet 28th Birthday today, we bring you 8 things which you never knew about your favourite newcomer.
1) Colours that you can’t just do without: It might sound cliché but I love black and white.
2) Modeling directing or acting, your pick would be: Modeling is fun because it gets you fast bucks. Acting is challenging as you play diverse roles everyday but someday I would definitely like to make my own film.
3) One sport you swear by: It has to be Rugby and strikingly, it is playing Rugby which got me into becoming a fitness freak.
4) Your favourite pastime is: To draw cartoons. I just love doing that.
5) Your guilty indulgence is: Jalebi. I cannot resist having them even though I know I need to cut down on my sugar content to look my character. Now that I have actually started working out, I haven’t even tried it for a while.
6) The Bollywood actors you would love to share screen with: I would say Mr. Bachchan and Kajol. Very few people know that I was an Assistant Director on the sets of Karan’s ‘My Name is Khan’ which had Kajol in the lead. She is one of the most versatile actresses we have and I feel I am unlucky that I am too young to romance her on screen. But someday, I want to be in the same frame with her. Mr. Bachchan is a legend and ask anyone this question, they would eventually come up with his name.
7) One contemporary actor who you think is the biggest competition: That would be unfair to list any one or two among the lot. Everyone from Ranbir, Varun, Ranveer, Arjun, Imran: all of them are fantastic heroes and they are equally talented. I take all of them as my biggest competitors.
8) One character trait you wish you could change in yourself would be: The fact that I a bit too reticent and mostly shy with people around. People tend to feel I am too serious.