In the year 2011, MCU introduced two new superheroes to the world. Thor & Captain America. While we discussed Thor (2011)’s Box Office facts in our previous article, today we will talk about the impression Chris Evans’ first Captain America film created at the box office.
Captain America: The First Avenger was directed by Joe Johnston and starred Hayley Atwell, Sebastian Stan, Samuel L. Jackson along with Chris Evans in important roles.
Have a look at some interesting box office facts about the film:
1) The First Avenger did a worldwide business of $371 million. The film collected $177 million in the US and $194 million in overseas.
2) The film was made on a budget of $140 million and made profits of $231 million which is close to double.
3) the film proved to be a “more than fantastic” debut for Chris Evans in MCU as it became his top grosser by crossing his 2005 film Fantastic Four ($334 million).
4) Captain America: The First Avenger is 155th highest-grossing PG-13 movie so far.
5) Captain America: The First Avenger was 18th highest-grossing film worldwide in 2011. It did better than X-Men: First Class & Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked.
6) In the USA, the Chris Evans starrer was 10th highest grosser of that year. It did better than The Help, Bridesmaids, Kung Fun Panda 2 and X-Men: First Class.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section. Also, stay tuned for Box Office facts of more MCU films.