Koimoi.com is India’s #2 Digital Bollywood Portal with over 15+ million users per month. Koimoi is part of the 2win Group (contests2win.com; mobile2win; games2win.com) which is a pioneer of Interactive Entertainment & Engagement in India.
Based in: Mumbai/Hybrid
Reporting to: Business Head
What are we looking for?
• We are looking for an Editor from the digital (web – app) Entertainment Industry, with a good sense of content and engagement, who understands trend lines that work well with entertainment audiences in India and overseas.
• The Editor should also be adept at managing the content team and giving direction to text and video content verticals. A thorough understanding of SEO and social platforms is a must
- Manage the content team of Koimoi (Writers, Social media, Uploaders, etc.). Motivate, update and track their performance as well as hire resources as required (in collaboration with the management team and HR)
- Create, produce and manage high-quality content on the Entertainment industry.– Manage all content to be posted on the website, which includes: textual stories, visuals, videos, polls, etc. Oversee layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors Proofread, edit and improve stories or pieces.
- Supervise layout of images, graphics, and videos.
- Coordinate online or print publishing cycle and manage content areas
- Have complete knowledge of video content, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and managing Koimoi presence on these platforms to enhance monetization and reach.
- Create new properties and formats to be added to the website. Suggest stories and generate headline ideas in alignment with targeted audiences.
- Prepare promotions, mailers, newsletters, and other entertainment products.
Draw the editorial strategy for Koimoi.com in consultation with the Management and oversee the implementation of the same daily.
- Lead and manage teams/reporters and ensure editorial quality and adherence to style-sheets and guidelines.
- Ensure timely delivery of output by team members.
- Connect and engage with celebrities, executives and leaders of the Bollywood industry.
- Build relationships with PR agencies and collaborate with other team members.
- Liaise with designers, photographers, advertising reps, writers, artists, etc.
- Monitor Entertainment Content Consumption Trends:
- Adhere to SEO strategy and execution in an online entertainment space.
- Monitor conversations on social media to understand and assess content trends and requirements. Regularly check and track content.
- Monitor trends and track industry developments; report and edit copies.
- Track user consumption and behavior using Google Analytics and design plans to increase our audience across all touch-points.
Background and Experience:
• Proven working experience as an editor strong writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio
• Expertise in Content writing as well as handling other entertainment content production.
• A great team builder and team player with a can-do attitude.
• Should have a good command of the English language, with excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of social networks and trends
• A good understanding of tools like Google Search Console, Google Analytics, CrowdTangle, SEMRush, etc.
• Good knowledge of best SEO practices.
• Graduate, with expert-level written and spoken English and impeccable grammar and sentence–construction review skills.
•Degree in Journalism / Mass Communication or related field
If this job interests you, then please complete the following assignment:
Please use this Form to start the application process and we will be in touch!