Meghan Markle Reveals She Called Queen Elizabeth As Soon As She Got To Know Prince Philip Was Hospitalized
Meghan Markle Reveals She Called Queen Elizabeth When She Heard Prince Philip Was Hospitalized (Pic Credit: Getty, Wikipedia)

Prince Philip, the 99-year-old royal, was taken to hospital on a precautionary measure in February and has since then undergone a procedure for a pre-existing heart condition. He has also been undergoing tests and monitoring relating to infection. In her tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle revealed she immediately phoned Queen Elizabeth, when she got to know Prince Philip was hospitalized.

Advertisement

The Duchess and her husband Prince Harry stepped down as a senior member of the Royal Family last year. In the pre-recorded interview, Markle and Harry opened up about their first reactions to the situation.

Advertisement

In the interview, Meghan Markle said, “This morning I woke up earlier than H and saw that there was a note from someone in our team in the U.K. saying the Duke of Edinburgh had gone to the hospital. I just picked up the phone and I called the Queen just to check in. I just called, that’s what we do.”

Prince Harry then added that whilst most of his family have a “level of control” in the things they do, he and Meghan Markle prefer to just “be authentic”. He said, “For so many of my family what they do, there’s a level of control in it. Because they’re fearful of what the papers are going to say about them. Whereas with us, it’s just like, be yourself. Be authentic, be genuine, just go and do what’s best for you. If you get it wrong you get it wrong, if you get it right you get it right.”

Prince Philip was admitted to hospital last month after feeling unwell and has spent 17 nights there so far in what is his longest-ever stay while being treated for an infection. On Friday (March 5), the royal underwent a “successful procedure” relating to a pre-existing heart condition and is now resting at King Edward VII’s Hospital.

A statement from Buckingham Palace read, “Following The Duke of Edinburgh’s successful procedure at St Bartholomew’s Hospital on Wednesday, His Royal Highness has been transferred to King Edward VII’s Hospital this morning. The Duke is expected to remain in hospital for continuing treatment for a number of days.” (SVB/BAN/DMC)

Must Read: When BTS’ Suga Was Over His Head Trying To Communicate In English With A Lady & Turns Out She Knew Korean – Hilarious Video Inside!

Follow Us: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube

Advertisement.

Advertisement

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Check This Out