MCU touched a new level in 2011 as it introduced a new superhero, Thor to the world. Played by Chris Hemsworth, Thor was received warmly by the audience worldwide and proved to be one of their favourite superheroes all over the time. His hammer became a rage globally.
Let’s have a look at some interesting facts about Thor i.e. The God Of Thunder.
1) Thor made a shining entry in the MCU with a super cool lifetime business. The film was made on a budget of $150 million but collected $449 million worldwide. The business was less than Iron Man 2 and Iron Man but still good as it was better than The Incredible Hulk.
2) Thor was 8th highest-grossing film of the USA in 2011. It did a domestic business of $181 million which was more than the Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
3) Chris Hemsworth led film was 15th highest-grosser worldwide that year. Globally it did better than The Intouchables, The Aventures Of Tintin and even X-Men: First Class.
4) Thor became Chris Hemsworth’s highest grosser by crossing the lifetime business of his 2009 film Star Trek. The lifetime business of Star Trek in 2009 was $386 million.
5) Even after 9 years of its release, Thor stands as 147th highest-grossing PG-13 film of All Time.
Isn’t that interesting?
Thor was directed by Kenneth Branagh and had Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston & Stellan Skarsgård in main roles along with Chris Hemsworth.
Do you love Thor? Let us know in the comments section down below.