After Avengers: Infinity War, it was time to explore the space of Paul Rudd starrer Ant-Man more. It was the time for a sequel to Ant-Man and hence Ant-Man and the Wasp hit the cinemas for its global fans.
As discussed before, Ant-Man is one MCU superhero who has got huge love from the audience ever since its debut. Remember when we shared how it got a better response compared to Captain America & Thor got during their debut? Continuing the legacy of the first part even the sequel did well. No doubt, MCU is planning another part of the franchise which will release in 2022 or 2023.
Let’s have a look at some of the interesting box office facts about the film:
1) Ant-Man and the Wasp did a worldwide business of $622.67 million & $216.65 million at the US box office.
2) The Ant-Man sequel did much better than the first part which collected $519 million at the worldwide box office.
3) The film proved to be 11th highest-grosser of 2018 globally and 9th highest grosser of the year in the USA.
4) It is still 152nd highest-grossing film of all time globally. In fact, in the all-time chart, Ant-Man and the Wasp is better placed compared to Logan, Casino Royale and other biggies.
5) In India, Ant-Man and the Wasp even edged out Skyfall. With a business of 30.60 crores in India, this one is better positioned compared to Skyfall in the highest-grossing Hollywood films chart.
Directed by Peyton Reed, Ant-Man and the Wasp had Evangeline Lilly, Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Michelle Pfeiffer and others starring in the important roles.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section.