The countdown has begun! Just a few hours to go for the release of Yash Raj Films’ Ek Tha Tiger, but we just don’t seem to have enough of it! So we thought- Why not take a look at the records which Ek Tha Tiger is expected to set (and hopefully, it will)? Here we go:
1) The first record which Ek Tha Tiger breaks is the 24-year gap between Salman Khan and YRF. Despite being in the industry for close to two and a half decades, Salman Khan had not worked in any film under YRF, but Ek Tha Tiger changes that.
2) The projected numbers by those in the business indicate that Ek Tha Tiger will definitely hit the 100-crore club. If it so happens, this will be YRF’s first ever film to enter the 100-crore bandwagon.
3) Experts predict that Ek Tha Tiger has all the ingredients required to become a big opener at the box office. Earlier this year, Hrithik Roshan starrer Agneepath had set the record for the highest collection on the opening day, grossing a whooping 23 crores. And if Ek Tha Tiger earns more than 23 crores on the day of its release, i.e., 15th August, then Salman Khan will surpass the record set by Hrithik Roshan.
4) Salman Khan can beat not only Hrithik’s, but his “arch rival” Shah Rukh Khan’s record as well. By earning 25 crores and more on either the opening day or any other single day, he will be successful in beating SRK’s record of highest single day collection for his film Ra.One.
5) Talking about collections, if Ek Tha Tiger can earn more than 91 crores over a period of five days, then also he will beat SRK’s record of highest collection during five days for Ra.One.
6) There is not a better moment than knowing that you have beaten your own previous record. Salman Khan too can experience this feeling if he reaches the coveted 100-crore mark in less than 8 days. His earlier film Bodyguard had achieved this milestone in 8 days from its release date.
7) Till date, the ‘Dream 200-crore’ throne has been enjoyed by Rajkumar Hirani’s 3 Idiots alone. But if the anticipated numbers are anything to go by, then Ek Tha Tiger should join this elite club soon. Best buddies Salman Khan and Aamir Khan might be sailing in the same boat, er, ship!
8) Having said so much about the Tiger, Salman Khan himself, let us talk about our leading lady Katrina Kaif as well. The beautiful actress will also taste her first 100-crore success with Ek Tha Tiger. And who knows, she might just get lucky to get a direct entry in the 200-crore super elite club!!
9) Last but definitely not the least, Ek Tha Tiger will make Salman the undisputed 100-crore king of the box office. He will become the only star to have a massive record of four back-to-back 100-crore movies. Now that’s what is called a “Mega Star”, right?
Woohoo!! Those were quite many records set to be broken! But will it actually happen? We better stay mum and watch the game!
Check out our Ek Tha Tiger Contest to win exciting gift hampers.