Joseph Vijay Chandrasekhar aka Thalapathy Vijay has been ruling the Tamil film industry for close to 3 decades. The Kollywood superstar made his filmy debut at age of 18 with his dad & popular filmmaker SA Chandrasekhar’s directorial, Naalaiya Theerpu. The film that released in 1992 had just an average run in theatres.
Thalapathy Vijay had his share of highs and lows in his career. Despite being a popular filmmaker’s son, the actor has carved his path to success and stardom his own.
Today on the occasion of his 46th Birthday, we bring you some lesser-known facts about the Tamil actor.
1) Child Artist: As a child artist Thalapathy Vijay has acted in 5 films that were released between 1984 to 1988. All the films were directed by his father SA Chandrasekhar. The actor made his debut on the big screen as a child artist with Vetri. The film released in 1984, when the actor was just 10 years old.
2) Singer & Dancer: Apart from his acting, on-screen presence, high voltage action sequences, powerful dialogue delivery, the superstar is also known for his vocal skills and his dance moves. Thalapathy Vijay in his career has lent his voice for over 30 songs including those composed by legendary musicians like Ilaiyaraaja and AR Rahman. The actor is blessed with good vocals and has good knowledge about music, as his mother Shoba Chandrasekhar is a singer by profession.
Talking about his dancing skills, the Bigil star is one of the best dancers from down south. The actor is a good observer and a quick learner following which he is one of those few who has this gifted ability to pull off any new move with ease, and doesn’t hesitate with experimentation or trying unique and creative steps.
3) Rajinikanth Fan: Thalapathy Vijay is a die-hard fan of Superstar Rajinikanth. As per various reports, It was Rajinikanth who inspired him to choose acting as a career. If reports are to believed, Vijay landed in one of his earlier releases for the lead part after an audition where he delivered a popular dialogue of Rajinikanth from latter’s 1992 released film Annamalai.
For those unversed, Thalapathy Vijay has acted in Rajinikanth starrer Naan Sigappu Manithan as a child artist which released back in 1985. The film was helmed by Vijay’s father.
4) Family Man: No matter how busy he is with his shooting schedule, Thalapathy Vijay always assures to take time out for his family. The Tamil star is very devoted to his younger sister Vidhya who passed away when she was just 2. As per various reports, Vijay has been following the tradition of off days from work on his sister’s birth anniversary, as well as on her death anniversary.
The actor’s production company V.V Productions stands for Vidhya-Vijay productions. Thus showing the love that he still holds for his departed sibling
5) Kerala connection (Fans): Thalapathy Vijay shares a mass fan following which is not just limited to his home state Tamil Nadu. The actor has a huge fan following in other parts of India, as well abroad. For those unversed, after Tamil Nadu, the actor has the most number of fans in India from the state of Kerala.
In both the southern states (Tamil Nadu & Kerala) Vijay’s birthday is celebrated grandly. The superstar’s birthday is no less than a festive occasion for his fans there.
6)Humanitarian: For over the years the Tamil star has been part of numerous charity works. Vijay founded the social welfare organisation, Vijay Makkal Iyakkam (Vijay People Organization), which was officially launched in July 2009, which is responsible for much of his philanthropic work. His fans also participate in blood donation drives every year.