Doctor Strange has to be one of the most intriguing superheroes of MCU. Played by Benedict Cumberbatch, the superhero made his silver screen debut in 2016. While Benedict totally nailed the character, the audience also showered the film with huge love and warmth.
The film released in Oct 2016 as 2nd film of Phase 3 and did very well at the box office. Directed by Scott Derrickson, the film proved to be a huge worldwide success.
Along with Benedict Cumberbatch, Doctor Strange also starred Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams, Benedict Wong, Michael Stuhlbarg, Benjamin Bratt, Scott Adkins, Mads Mikkelsen & Tilda Swinton. Have a look at some interesting box office facts about the film.
1) Doctor Strange did a worldwide business of $678 million and domestic business of $233 million according to Box Office Mojo.
2) The film was 11th highest grosser of 2016 both worldwide and in the USA.
3) It was the strongest superhero debut in MCU till that time. Not just Captain America ($371 million), Thor ($449 million) & Ant-Man ($519 million), it crossed Iron Man also which collected $585 million at the worldwide box office.
4) Doctor Strange was definitely a strong debut for Benedict Cumberbatch in MCU but it was his 4th grosser till that time. Before Doctor Strange, Benedict had done wonders at the box office with 3 films of The Hobbit series.
5) Doctor Strange was made on a budget of $165 million and comfortably recovered it just from its domestic business.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comment section.