As was predicted in this space on Thursday, Brothers was all set to take a start of 15 crore at the least. This is what exactly happened as the Karan Malhotra directed affair went on to nett 15.2 crore at the Box Office.
The film was consistent all over with A, B and C centers as well as the single screens and multiplexes showing decent to good footfalls. The film opened on expected lines and by the time the day settled, the film was seeing good audience footfalls.
Yes, an excellent follow up towards the evening and night shows would have added further moolah to the film, hence coming closer towards the 18-19 crore mark, which would have been fantastic. However that shortfall would be most certainly taken care of today due to Independence Day holiday. Since it is a national off day, at least 20 crore are pretty much on the cards and the day could well extend towards 23-25 crore as well.
With 15.2 crore on its opening day, this Fox Star Studios presentation, which is produced by Dharma Productions, Lionsgate Films and Endemon India, has managed to create a few records on the way:
– Akshay Kumar’s Biggest Opening Day (Before this, the record was held by Rowdy Rathore – 15.1 crore)
– Akshay Kumar’s Second Big Opening of 2015 (Before this, Gabbar Is Back too had opened in double digits – 13.05 crore)
– Sidharth Malhotra’s second Huge Opening Day in a row (His last film Ek Villain had recorded 16.7 crore)
– Karan Malhotra’s second Huge Opening Day in a row (His last film Agneepath had recorded 23 crore)
– Fox Star Studio’s second biggest Opening Day in Bollywood (The record is held by Bang Bang that recorded 27.54 crore)
– 2015’s Second Biggest Opening Day (The record is held by Bajrangi Bhaijaan – 27.25 crore)
Joginder Tuteja tweets @tutejajoginder