The countdown for the release of what we call the biggest film event of the year has begun. Yes, we are talking about Thugs Of Hindostan, which is by miles the most anticipated film of the year as it marks the return of Aamir Khan to the action space 5 years after Dhoom 3. What makes the film even exciting is the fact that it sees the coming together of Aamir Khan and Amitabh Bachchan for the first time. There are reports within the trade that this is the costliest Bollywood film made till date and the scale of the film will take everyone by surprise.
As the movie is just 2 months away from its release, here are 5 lesser known things about this magnum opus:
1. The estimated cost of production of Thugs of Hindostan is said to be over Rs 200 crore, thereby being the costliest Bollywood film till date. Insiders reveal that the set-pieces and action sequences in the film will be something that the Indian audience has not seen till date
2. Thugs of Hindostan will release across the country in IMAX Format. It will be the second Aamir Khan film after Dhoom 3 to get a release in this format to provide the audience with a larger than life experience. There are around 21 IMAX screens in India that contribute approximately Rs 1.50 to 2.00 crore per day to the Nett Box-Office Collection of a film.
3. Unlike most of the Bollywood films that release on the day post Diwali, Thugs of Hindostan will release on the Diwali day as Aamir Khan wants the film to hit the big screen on his wife, Kiran Rao’s Birthday. Traditionally, the Diwali day is considered to be a dull day from business point of view, however knowing Aamir Khan’s script sense, the loss of business on opening day would be made up by a positive trend in the long run.
4. Fatima Sana Shaikh plays a pivotal role in the film, and according to source to entire premise revolves around her character. Katrina Kaif on the other hand, who is a much bigger female star among the two will be the major crowd puller for the audience, especially in the mass territories. She has trained in different dance forms and according to sources also has a solo dance number in the film.
5. The chemistry shared by Aamir Khan and Amitabh Bachchan will be something to watch-out for, as never before have the two power house of talent acted together. For the film, the two superstars trained in several forms of action to make their work look authentic. The two superstars have a couple of confrontations in the film, which is said to be one of the many major highlights.
The theatrical trailer of Thugs of Hindostan is expected to be launched in the last week of September and the same will be attached to the prints of Sui Dhaaga. The character posters of the film featuring the four lead actors i.e. Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Katrina Kaif and Fatima Sana Shaikh will be unveiled by mid-September. Thugs of Hindostan is directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya and produced by YRF.