After the grand success of The Avengers (2012) and Iron Man (2013), it was the turn of a sequel to Chris Hemsworth’s Thor. MCU came up with the 2nd part of Thor in October 2013 and it was titled Thor: The Dark World. Thanks to all the excitement among the audience, the film did immensely well, not just in the US box office but also worldwide.
Directed by Alan Taylor, the film also starred Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba among others.
Let’s have a look at some interesting box office facts about Thor: The Dark World.
1) According to Box Office Mojo, the worldwide business of the film was $645 million and it earned $206 million in the US.
2) Thor was the 11th highest-grossing film of 2013 in the US and it was the 10th highest grosser of that year worldwide. The film did better than the year’s other releases like The Croods and World War Z globally.
3) Thor: The Dark World did better business than the first part. After, The Avengers the craze to watch MCU superheroes increased among the audience. The domestic business of Thor’s first part was $181 million & it collected $449 million worldwide.
4) Thor: The Dark World is the 142nd highest-grossing film worldwide so far.
5) Thor: The Dark World proved to be Chris Hemsworth’s 2nd highest grosser of that time at the worldwide box office. It is his 6th highest grosser right now. On its release, it was only behind The Avengers.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section.