In 2012, Marvel Cinematic Universe had a blast at the box office. The Avengers brought all the superheroes – Iron Man, Black Widow, Hulk, Captain America, Thor & Hawkeye in one film to fight evil for the first time. The film proved to be a lethal weapon of entertainment and the audience loved watching it in cinemas multiple times.
Starring Robert Downey Jr, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo Jeremy Renner & Tom Hiddleston among others, the film proved to be a box office sensation globally. The Avengers was directed by Joss Whedon.
Have a look at some interesting facts about the film:
1) With a worldwide lifetime business of $1.518 billion, The Avengers is 8th highest-grossing film of all time globally. The film has done better business than Fast & Furious franchise’s biggest grosser Furious 7. F7 did a business of $1.515 billion in 2015.
2) In the USA as well, The Avengers is 8th highest grosser of all time. With a business of $623 million, it did better than 2017 film Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi and 2018’s The Incredibles 2.
3) The Avengers was top worldwide grosser of 2012. The film collected more than Skyfall and even The Dark Knight Rises. Even in the US, the film proved to be the top grosser of the year.
4) The Avengers was first MCU film to cross $1 billion mark thanks to all the superheroes coming together in one film.
5) The Avengers recorded a huge opening weekend of $207.4 million which is still 6th highest opening weekend of all time. The record is better than films like Black Panther & The Lion King.
What are your thoughts on these facts? Let us know in the comments section. Stay Tuned for more box office facts about MCU films.