The third part of Chris Hemsworth starrer solo MCU series, Thor released worldwide in 2017. Thor: Ragnarok was a part of MCU’s Phase 3 which carried huge expectations and we must say, it fulfilled those expectations.
After the success of previous Thor films and starring in a series of Avengers movies, Chris Hemsworth’s Thor: Ragnarok was red hot in the worldwide market. And the result was visible when it hit cinemas.
Along with Chris Hemsworth, the film also had Tessa Thompson, Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Mark Ruffalo in other important roles. The film was directed by Taika Waititi who was also a part of its star cast.
Let’s have a look at some interesting box office facts about Thor: Ragnarok.
1) Thor: Ragnarok did a worldwide business of $854 million and $315 million in the USA according to Box Office Mojo.
2) Thor: Ragnarok is 79th highest-grossing film worldwide of all time.
3) It proved to be worldwide 9th highest grosser of the year 2017. The film did better than Wonder Woman, Coco and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
4) In the US, it was 8th highest-grossing film of the year.
5) Thor: Ragnarok was also the highest-grossing Thor film as it crossed the lifetime business of both of its previous parts.
6) It is Chris Hemsworth‘s 5th highest-grossing film of all time.
7) In India, the film is 16th highest-grossing Hollywood film of all time. With a business of 60 crores, it has done better than Captain America: Civil War, Spiderman: Homecoming, Jumanji: The Next Level etc.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section.