Chris Evans’ Captain America: The Winter Soldier hit the cinemas in April 2014, and proved to be huge worldwide. The film was the second part of the Captain America series and proved to be a big treat for its fans as well as the industry.
Apart from Chris Evans, the film had Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L Jackson and others in lead. The film was directed by Russo brothers.
Let’s have a look at some interesting box office facts about the film:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier did a domestic business of $260 million and worldwide business of $714 million according to Box Office Mojo.
2) It was 3rd highest-grossing film of 2014 in the USA as it did better than films like The Lego Movie, Transformers: Age Of Extinction, X-Men: Days of Future Past & The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
3) Globally, Captain America sequel turned out to be 7th highest-grossing film of 2014. It crossed The Amazing Spider-Man 2 & Interstellar.
4) Captain America: The Winter Soldier Is 117th Highest Grossing Worldwide film of all time
5) It crossed the business of first Captain America film by almost 100% margin to become top-grossing CA film worldwide till then.
6) It also proved to be Chris Evans’ 2nd highest grosser worldwide till that time as it was only behind The Avengers.
7) Captain America: The Winter Soldier also became 3rd highest-grossing MCU film till then. While it was behind The Avengers & Iron Man 3, it crossed other major grossers like Thor: The Dark World & Iron Man 2.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section.