Bollywood queen Kangana Ranaut turns turns 33 today. The actress, who made her debut in Bollywood with Gansgter (2006) and since then, there’s no looking back. The Panga actress have won several accolades like 3 National Awards and was honoured with Padma Shri this year.
Many people admire Ranaut not only for her acting chops and amazing films but also for her fearless and bold statements. The Manikarnika actress was the first one to openly call out nepotism in the Bollywood industry and she received a lot of support for the same. Just like nepotism, the birthday girl didn’t her mince words and we have listed down the best ones.
Check out 5 times Kangana Ranaut didn’t shy away from speaking her mind:
1. On Karan Johar’s Koffee With Karan 5, Kangana told him, “In my biopic, if it is ever made, you will play this stereotypical Bollywood biggie who is very snooty and completely intolerant to outsiders and flag bearer of nepotism, the movie mafia. You will have a huge part to play in my biopic. I like the antagonist in you in my biopic.”
2. Regarding her public spat with Hrithik Roshan 4 years ago, the Queen actress said, “He runs away when he sees me. In fact, when we broke up in 2014 and after that one year when he was harassing me and stalking me, I complained to his father. I told him that his son is harassing me, stalking me, has hacked my account and he’s not letting me get into any other relationship. So his father said I’m going to arrange a meeting for you. Since then, I’m hoping to get a meeting with him to have a two-word conversation with him and ask him that he’s telling the world he doesn’t know me.”
3. When asked why did she do films like Total Dhamaal and Rascals, the actress answered, “We have to earn our bread and butter and sometimes we have limited options. As somebody who is self-dependent and doesn’t really have any other job, I have to keep working, and doing something or the other.”
4. Kangana Ranaut doesn’t attend Bollywood award ceremonies. The reason she stated earlier was, “I will not attend award ceremonies as they are merely for commercial purposes.”
5. A lot of Bollywood divas like Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra and others have done item songs for films. However, the Thailavi actress had said 2 years ago that she will never do an item number. Ranaut stated, “Well… I don’t do item numbers because there is nothing to be done in them. They are… they are obscene, they are at times unfair, most of them are sexist. What is there to be done in them? I personally feel they should be banned. I can’t be a part of something which is so toxic for us, our society, our children. If tomorrow, you have a daughter, I have a daughter, would I want her to be called those names, objectified like that? I mean, there are children out there, we need to take responsibility for them.”