Ellen DeGeneres’ life seems to be in a turmoil with both her personal and professional life going upside down. We all know about the controversies The Ellen DeGeneres show is currently facing. Amidst that, the burglary which took place in her mansion was quite scary. There is a new shocking update about the same. Read on to know more.
For the unversed, On July 4 Ellen and wife Portia de Rossi’s $27 million mansion was burglarized, with authorities saying at the time that the couple’s home was targeted due to their ‘celebrity status’.
And now a newsletter from the Montecito Association, which attempted to put local residents’ minds at rest, has reported that the local sheriff told their executive director that the crime was an ‘inside job’.
Police have allegedly told residents in Ellen DeGeneres’ Montecito neighbourhood that the recent burglary at the TV host’s property was an ‘inside job’. The association has reassured everyone in the community that they need not worry about more robberies taking place.
The ultra-exclusive enclave is home to a host of billionaires and celebrities including Oprah Winfrey, Ariana Grande and in recent weeks Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
According to reports in The Sun, a copy of the newsletter, emailed on August 12, reads: “If it had been a case of outsiders coming in and breaking and entering, I’d have alerted you to be on the lookout and lock up everything. According to our very helpful Sheriff Lt Arnoldi, that appears to be an inside job.”
Well is this really the case or the association is just trying to calm the neighbourhood? In both cases, it is poor Ellen DeGeneres who had to go through a lot. We wonder that if this crime was an inside job, then who could it be?
What do you think?