Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 released in 2017 as 3rd film of MCU’s Phase 3. Directed by James Gunn, the film gave a major hint towards how big threat Thanos is going to be in future.
The film starred Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki among others. The film was a riot at the worldwide box office.
Let’s have a look at some of the interesting box office facts about Guardians Of Galaxy 2.
1) Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 did a worldwide business of $864 million and domestic business of $390 million according to Box Office Mojo.
2) The film was 8th highest-grossing film worldwide of 2017 and 5th highest-grossing film in the USA
3) Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 was made on a budget of $200 million and made almost equal profits just from domestic business
4) This film did better than the first part at the box office thus proving to be a worthy sequel. The film is 76th highest-grossing film of all time globally.
5) It was also 5th highest-grossing MCU film till that time. Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 was only behind The Avengers ($1.5 billion), Avengers: Age Of Ultron ($1.4 billion), Iron Man 3 ($1.2 billion) & Captain America: Civil War ($1.15 billion).
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section.