Chennai Express is perhaps the only film which has made uncountable records in a matter of such few days. The film which officially released on Eid (9th August) has made a few bombastic records which has set new bench marks for Bollywood. After presenting to you the Top 10 Records OF Chennai Express in the 1st Edition, Koimoi now compiles its 2nd list of Top 10 Records Created by Chennai Express.
1) The film was the fastest entrant on the 100 crore club. In a matter of merely 3.5 days, the film made an earning of 100.35 crores at the domestic box office.
2) The film earned the highest opening weekend moolah ever. Never before has a film earned over 93.60 crores in three days.
4) Never before has any actress delivered three back-to-back 100 crore grossing films in just one year. Actress Deepika Padukone in 2013 has given 3 films which have reached beyond the 100 crore mark namely, Race 2, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani and Chennai Express. The actress still has another film lined up this year, which is Ranveer Singh starrer Ram Leela. It is to be seen whether the film too will reach the coveted mark or not!
5) Again, never before has any actress claimed the Top 3 positions on Koimoi’s Opening Weekend List before Deepika Padukone.
6) The film recorded the highest Thursday collection in the International Box Office Market.
7) The film recorded the highest Sunday collections held by any film at the domestic box office. The film on its 1st Sunday made an earning of whooping 32.50 crores.
8) The film recorded the highest Friday ever in neighboring country Pakistan where the film made a business of $80,000 i.e. 48 lacs from 36 screens.
9) In its U.S circuit, the film made a new record by becoming the highest non-holiday preview ever. From its Thursday previews alone, the film made 1.47 crores.
10) Chennai Express by far is the fastest earner in the Overseas market ever and given SRK’s huge fan following in global circuits, it isn’t a surprise!
Now, enjoy reading koimoi.com on your Android Smartphone. Download the FREE App right here