Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther, his solo superhero film in the MCU proved to be a storm at the US as well as the worldwide box office. It was the first time that a black actor became an MCU superhero and people went crazy to see him on the big screens.
Directed by Ryan Coogler, the film also had Michael B Jordan, Letitia Wright, Lupita Nyong’o among others. Let’s have a look at some of the interesting box office facts about the film.
1) Black Panther did a worldwide business of $1,347 million and $700.4 million in the USA according to Box Office Mojo.
2) The film is 12th highest-grossing film of all time globally.
3) Black Panther was also 2nd highest-grossing film of 2018 globally and top-grossing film of the USA. In fact in the USA, the film also crossed the business of Infinity War.
4) Black Panther marked the biggest solo debut of a superhero in MCU. From Iron Man to Spider-Man, it surpassed all the previous superhero debuts.
5) Black Panther was also first MCU solo superhero film to cross $1 billion mark.
6) Black Panther even surpassed the lifetime business of Iron Man 3, Captain America: Civil War to become 3rd highest-grossing MCU film. Till that time, it was only behind The Avengers ($1.5 billion), Avengers: Age Of Ultron ($1.4 billion).
7) It also became Chadwick Boseman’s top-grossing film till that. It’s his 3rd highest-grossing film of All Time.
8) In India, Black Panther did a business of 38 crores thus proving to be 33rd highest-grossing Hollywood film of All Time in the country. It did better than Justice League, The Dark Knight Rises, Ant-Man And The Wasp & Skyfall.