For any actor, it is a huge feat if the characters played by her/him are remembered by the audience. An impact like this has been created by Deepika Padukone. There is no denying that Deepika is one of the best leading actresses of the country and the impact of her work is so deep that people remember most of her characters by name.
Here are some of Deepika Padukone’s most loved characters that people fondly remember from her different movies:
1. Piku – Deepika’s performance in Piku was lauded by many. Her portrayal of a simple architect who spends most of her time working and taking care of her father won hearts all over. Piku became synonymous with every loving daughter.
2. Naina Talwar (Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani) – Naina, a girl next door from ‘Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani’ is easily one of Deepika’s most iconic characters. Both, the film and Deepika Padukone’s character Naina Talwar have etched a permanent place in the hearts of millions around the world. The glasses she wore in the film also became quite a rage among her fans.
3. Veronica (Cocktail)- Deepika’s portrayal of Veronica in Cocktail was something the audience hadn’t witnessed before. That role changed Deepika’s career forever, for the best. Veronica was a complex character with multiple layers and she totally nailed it.
4. Meenamma (Chennai Express) – Chennai Express saw Deepika Padukone play a unique and comical character. Meenamma with all her quirks and her heavy southern accent, stole the spotlight. We just pronounced Meenamma in THAT tone, in our heads! It is not easy perform comedy and it wasn’t Deepika’s forte but she nailed it. Everyone definitely remembers the Thangabali scene.
5. Mastani (Bajirao Mastani) – Portraying the role of Mastani in the epic drama Bajirao Mastani, Deepika proved her stance as the leading lady of Bollywood. Her strong and fierce character received praises from her fans and industry were alike.
6. Leela (Ram Leela) – Ram Leela was an adaptation of the classic love story Romeo and Juliet and saw Deepika play Leela who was fearless and her beauty was enchanting to say the least. Deepika Padukone’s charm and performance took the film’s impact to another level.
7. Padmavati (Padmaavat) – Her first look as the Queen itself had created a roar among the audience where her fierce eyes spoke louder than words. Without saying much, she communicated so much with her eyes.
8. Malti (Chhapaak) – Deepika Padukone’s most recent outing was more than just a film. Inspired by the story of Laxmi Agarwal, Deepika played Malti, a victim of acid attack in Chhapaak which highlighted the struggles of acid attack survivors. Deepika carried the character with sheer dedication and brought all the nuances in an unforgettable way.
9. Tara (Tamasha) – Tara played by Deepika Padukone in Imtiaz Ali’s Tamasha has to be her one of the most loved and adored character. While the character is itself unforgettable, Deepika raised the bar with her honest and beautiful performance.
Which is your most favourite performance among these?