Spider-Man: Homecoming released in cinemas worldwide in 2017 as the 2nd film reboot of the superhero. Based on Marvel Comics, the film had Tom Holland as the lead character. Along with him, there were Michael Keaton, Jon Favreau, Gwyneth Paltrow, Zendaya, Robert Downey Jr. and others.
As the Jon Watts film released back then, it received a huge response from the audience. A sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming was also released later in 2019.
Let’s have a look at some interesting box office facts about Spider-Man: Homecoming.
1) Spider-Man: Homecoming did a worldwide business of $880 million and domestic business of $334 million.
2) The film is 67th highest-grossing movie of all time worldwide
3) Spider-Man: Homecoming managed to become 6th highest-grossing film worldwide of the year 2017 and 5th highest-grossing film of the year in the USA.
4) Spider-Man: Homecoming was top grosser of Tom Holland till that time.
5) Spider-Man: Homecoming surpassed Doctor Strange‘s ($678 million) to make MCU’s strongest solo superhero debut. Before the film, the superhero was already popular among cinema audience thanks to its earlier franchise. Also, Tom Holland’s Spider-Man had a significant part in the 2016 film Captain America: Civil War. The recall value of superhero helped Homecoming big time at the box office.
6) Spider-Man: Homecoming also edged out Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 ($864 million) to become 5th highest-grossing MCU film till that time. It was only behind The Avengers ($1.5 billion), Avengers: Age Of Ultron ($1.4 billion), Iron Man 3 ($1.2 billion) & Captain America: Civil War ($1.15 billion).
7) With a business of 58 crores, it is also 18th highest-grossing Hollywood film of all-time in India.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section.