Eros International & Colour Yellow Productions’ Tanu Weds Manu Returns now boasts of 150 crore just in India, and still counting. In the process, the All Time Blockbuster directed by Aanand L Rai, with R. Madhavan and Kangana Ranaut, has also managed quite a few records.
Let’s take a look.
– At 150 crore in India, Tanu Weds Manu Returns (with its cost of production including print and advertising at 30 crore), officially stands as the highest grossing film of 2015 so far, both in terms of domestic and overseas box office collections
– Despite the release of several big ticket films, Tanu Weds Manu Returns, had the highest second, third and fourth week collections (46.66 crore, 19.96 crore and 8.35 crore respectively)
– The film also managed to achieve the unthinkable when it grossed 28.3 crore on its second weekend, a figure that not many films have seen even in their opening weekend this year
– The film is also the highest grossing film in overseas this year at USD 7.5mn i.e. Rs 47.5crs. This is from traditional day and date releasing overseas markets
– The film is the highest grosser Hindi film in North America, UK and Australia in 2015
– The film also has the potential to cross over into mainstream markets like Japan, Germany, Korea & China to name a few. When released there, the film is further expected to add on to its fantastic run at the box office
Joginder Tuteja tweets @tutejajoginder