Anil Kapoor cements his place in Hollywood with this week’s release, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol. Here are a few highlights from the jhakaas actor’s life…
- Anil Kapoor’s family lived in Raj Kapoor’s garage when they came to Mumbai.
- He was influenced and inspired by Raj Kapoor.
- He got a role as child artiste in a film with Shashi Kapoor in the lead, but the movie was never released.
- Anil was expelled out of college due to lack of interest in studies.
- He failed to qualify the entrance exam of the Film and Television Institute of India, Pune, and later on joined Roshan Taneja’s acting school.
- Kapoor made his Bollywood debut with Umesh Mehra’s Hamare Tumhare in 1972.
- He married Sunita Kapoor in 1984; has two daughters and a son. His elder daughter Sonam is a well-known Bollywood actress, while the younger one, Rhea, is a budding producer. Son Harsh is attending university in the USA.
- Anil Kapoor believes in having friendships in Bollywood and says he has friends who can do anything for him and vice-versa.
- He won fame internationally with Danny Boyle’s 2008 Academy Award-winning film, Slumdog Millionaire; was seen in the US television series 24. Will also be seen with Tom Cruise in Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol.
Latest on Koimoi.com