The ‘Dhai Kilo Ka Haath’ famed actor, Sunny Deol turns 58 today and we wish him a very Happy Birthday! Being the elder son of yesteryear star Dharmendra, Sunny Paaji was quite a star kid. After giving some major hits such as Border, Gadar, Damini, he was termed to be the quintessential action hero. Though Sunny keeps a low profile in the media, there are many facts that people don’t know about him.
Here are some unknown facts about Sunny Deol:
1. Not many know that Ajay Singh Deol is the real name of Sunny Deol. “Sunny” popularly known in the industry, was his nick name in school days but later it remained that way. It is the same case with his younger brother as well.
2. Sunny studied acting in England in spite of him having the ‘Desi’ image in the industry. He did theater and acting in Birmingham in the Old World Theater.
3. Whenever a actor portrays aggressive role they are exactly the opposite. Though Sunny Deol does such kind of action films he’s very introvert and soft- spoken in real.
4. As Sunny is a Jatt Punjabi, he has a huge fan base in Punjab. One of his blockbuster films, Gadar- Ek Prem Katha, was demanded by the audience and it was played for several weeks in theaters at 6 in the morning.
5. Sunny Deol has won 2 National Awards. In 1990, he won as the Best Actor for Ghayal and in 1993 as the Best Supporting Actor for Damini.
6. Interestingly, in Damini movie, Sunny Deol was initially offered a cameo role, but due his incredible acting as a lawyer in the movie that became the central character and stole the limelight from the movie.
7. Sunny Deol is known for his brawny built but all the credit goes to the very popular Hollywood star Sylvester Stallone who was his inspiration. He got himself trained in his gym to get the perfect physique.