Ekta Kapoor, the star name behind the oh-so-successful Balaji Telefilms, is all braced up for a year ahead with as many as six films releasing under her production label. She holds the Producer’s throne for six films all set to release in 2013.
Here is a quick take on what Ekta has stacked up for the audiences, the following year:
1. Kuku Mathur Ki Jhand Ho Gayi: Surely the name took you by surprise, but in recent times Bollywood movies adopt such catchy and hilariously shocking names, so go with the flow! Bejoy Nambiar, the ace filmmaker and Balaji Telefilms team up for this rib-tickling hilarious story set on Delhi lines, being directed not by Bejoy but by Aman Sachdeva who makes his directorial feature debut. The cast is fresh and the flick seems a grasping comedy which will leave all entertained. It is expectant to release early 2013.
2. Ek Thi Dayaan: Starring Emraan Hashmi and Konkona Sen Sharma, as the lead pair, this musical thriller is a venture by Balaji Telefilms and Vishal Bhardwaj, and is directed by Kannan Iyer. The film also features Kalki Koechlin and Huma Quershi. Still undergoing the shooting process, the cine will hit the screens on 18th April, 2013 as expected.
3. Lootera: Spicy love tale featuring Bitto a.k.a Ranveer Singh and the “Mast Mast Nain” Dabangg babe Sonakshi Sinha, Lootera, is the first baby out of the newly formed Phantom Productions, owned by Anurag Kashyap, Vikramaditya Motwane, Vikas Bahl and Madhu Mantena conjointly. Ekta co-produces the film which is directed by Vikramaditya Motwane. The story is partially inspired by O.Henry’s The Last Leaf. The film will probably release by July 5th, 2013.
4. Shootout at Wadala: The much hyped about sequel to Shootout at Lokhandwala, the movie has a power-packed star cast with names like John Abhraham, Kangana Ranaut, Anil Kapoor, Tusshar Kapoor, Manoj Bajpayee, Ronit Roy, Mahesh Manjrekar and Sonu Sood. The storyline is closely knit around and based on the book by Hussain Zaidi’s “Dongri to Mumbai-Six Decades of the Mumbai Mafia”, and aims at retelling the first ever registered Police encounter of Manya Surve; played by John; at Wadala, Mumbai. Reports flew in that Priyanka Chopra has been signed to do a Mujra number which will be her first ever item number. The film release is rescheduled and will be releasing on May 1st, 2013. All are ardently awaiting the release with high expectations levels.
5. Once Upon A Time in Mumbai Again: Another sequel of the intense crime drama,Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai (2010), this installation promises more grave and more intense drama. We will see Akshay Kumar as Shoaib Khan, a character originally inspired by Dawood Ibrahim. Besides Akshay, the film will we also feature Imran Khan, Sonali Bendre and Sonakshi Sinha. The filming is in full swing. This would be an Eidi for fans as the film is expectant to release on Eid next year.
6. Raagini MMS 2: Yet again, another sequel planned, starring the raunchy and sexy Sunny Leone, leaving all drooling over her,after her, for her. After Jism 2, Sunny Leone is flooded with offers and Raagini MMS 2 is her best bet. This one is going to be all levels up in sensuality (for which Sunny comes handy), sex (again Sunny’s forte) and scariness (no comments). This horror-thriller-sensual film will release in and around October next year.
There is also Milan Talkies in talks but the project is untouched in many aspects, so least expectations are game for it making it to the screens in 2013.
Now with three sequels and three new films releasing Balaji Telefilms’ name, fame and stardom is notched up high and the name behind the Production house Ekta get added up with more and more glam and sheen.