Ajay Devgn led Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai hit the box office in 2010 and proved to be a talk of the town. The film was among the most cherished films that year and Ajay Devgn’s Sultan Mirza character became iconic. People still love to use his dialogue, “Dua mein yaad rakhna.”
The Milan Luthria directorial also had Emraan Hashmi, Prachi Desai, Randeep Hooda and Kangana Ranaut in important roles. As the film completes 10 years today, here are some interesting facts which you’ll love to know.
1) The film took an opening of 6.25 crores which was a decent start at that time. But it was the amazing word of mouth which took the movie forward at the box office. It did a business of 24.33 crores in the first weekend and collected 55.50 crores lifetime.
2) The splendid word of mouth helped it score really well at the box office despite competition from Akshay Kumar led Khatta Meetha and Hollywood film Inception. Both films took up a good share of OUATIM’s screen space. Inception was, in fact, doing pretty well in India at the time OUATIM released.
3) Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai turned out to be 7th highest grosser of 2010 as it did better than films like Kites, Veer & I Hate Luv Storys.
4) The film was a clean Box Office Hit.
5) OUATIM was also among Ajay Devgn’s topmost grossers till that time as it surpassed the business of his films like Golmaal Returns, All The Best and others.
6) It was also the Top Grosser of Emraan Hashmi till that time as it smashed all the previous hits of him.
How much did you like Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai? Let us know in the comment section.