There are probably gazillion fans, who waited for the clock to strike 12:00 AM and wish our Shahensha-e-Bollywood as Amitabh Bachchan celebrates his 72nd birthday today. Bachchan was born on 11th October, 1942 and we got such a remarkable talent to the industry.
Fondly known as Big B, the megastar was initially named Inquilaab which is inspired from the phrase ‘Inquilab Zindabad’ that means “long live revolution”. However, Big B’s father Harivansh Rai later changed his son’s name to Amitabh which means, “the light that will never die.”
Here we bring to you 10 Interesting Facts about the star, which you might not know, especially if you are not a hardcore Amitabh Bachchan Fan. Take a look:
– This Megastar wanted to become an Engineer and was keen to join the Indian Air Force
– Bachchan is the tallest-ever star in Hindi cinema. His actual height is 74 inches or 1.88 m
– Bachchan made his film debut in 1969 as a voice narrator in Mrinal Sen’s Bhuvan Shome
– Though Zanjeer was his first Hit is a well known fact, but did you know that the superstar had given 12 consecutive flops Zanjeer?
– Not Anil Kapoor but Salim-Javed had originally written Mr India with Amitabh Bachchan in mind.
– Bachchan has recorded 23 Scenes in 5 hours, during the shoot of Shootout at Lokhandwala
– Saat Hindustani is Amitabh Bachchan’s only black-and-white film
– Though the actor is famous for his baritone, quite ironically he was rejected by All India Radio
– When Bachchan was hospitalized in 1982, he wrote his first poem, which got published in Dharam Yug
– During Bachchan’s struggling phase, he frequented a fuel station in Mumbai. On the day Anand was released, he had filled up in the morning. The same evening when he returned for more, everyone recognized him!