Opportunity at Koimoi.com
Position: English to Hindi Translator for hindi.koimoi.com
Based in: Mumbai
Who could you be?
With our DNA being ‘Everything Bollywood’, we believe that the Indian market is ripe for digital content that is funny, informative, jaw dropping and or simply shocking. Simply put, entertainment news with a twist works.
We’re looking for a smart, committed & creative enthusiast who can write/translate stories, articles in Hindi. We seek a writer and a translator who will quickly understand what our users like and serve them better and more interesting stories every passing day. The bias will be towards content that leans towards Bollywood (since we are a Bollywood site), but we are open to ideas!
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Reading through original articles and rewriting them in the target language(Hindi) while ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained
- Be disciplined about content delivery and work as hard as a mule (or any other animal you like).
- Providing us with a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text
- Ensuring timely delivery of all allocated assignments
Background and Experience:
- A highly creative individual with an intuitive understanding of what makes great digital content
- 1-2 years Experience as a writer in any field. Copy Writers, Content Writers and even Columnists are welcome. Bollywood related reporting experience would be a great advantage.
- Have impeccable grammar and good command over Hindi language.
- Have the ability to proof read and edit content. Be highly organized, have a keen attention to detail, a sense of urgency and a great attitude.
- Be passionate about Bollywood and all things digital!
We don’t care about qualifications. We care about Content. (Ps – you must know how to read, write and add).
Who will you be reporting to?
Editor – Koimoi.com
Age & Experience:
1-2 years work experience as a creative writer/content translator.
Working in line with:
The massive team of 5 people at Koimoi!
As a practice, we have typically matched candidates with their existing salary packages and throw in lucrative performance incentives; and of course ESOPs.*
*In the exit of mobile2win China to Disney, and when Nirvana Venture Funds invested into Games2win – the group has now a proven track record of demonstrating how valuable its company ESOPs can be.
The idea is to make the candidate actually take an ownership role and then provide additional compensation on performance.
Note that we do not want people to join us just for a better salary. We don’t bribe people to join us. Instead, we want people to join us for the love of what we do and the opportunity to shine professionally!
Growth and prospects:
This is a dream job for someone who’s looking at being a part of India’s leading Entertainment Portal and becoming a key player in the Company! (The first 10 employees are always the most important)!
If this role interests you, send your resume to: email@example.com