Business Head – Koimoi
Koimoi.com is a rapidly expanding Bollywood News and Entertainment portal that attracts over 4+ million users per month across its web and mobile platform. The Koimoi brand has grown phenomenally in the past few years and it is now one of the most popular digital destinations for consumers & the trade fraternity who are interested in Bollywood!
Koimoi researches, curates & publishes digital Bollywood content. The website attracts over 100k users a day, whereas its mobile site and apps entertain over 100k users a day. The business is well recognized for its ‘Box Office’ information, Reviews, Columns and Reports on the day-to-day business of Bollywood. Koimoi’s mobile apps (on the iTunes Store, Google Play Store & Windows App Store) mimic the site’s web content and are downloaded across the world.
Position: Business Head – Koimoi
Position Based in: Mumbai
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
As a Business Head you shall be responsible for the P/L of this business vertical and be responsible for the overall business operations of Koimoi.
The key responsibilities of this role will be as follows :
– Understanding and mapping daily traffic growth (via Google Analytics) & keeping a watch on traffic trends (spikes, dips, trendlines) content deeply and producing and publishing more of what works
– Benchmarking Koimoi against the best Bollywood (and later Hollywood) sites and becoming better than them. This would include best practices of UX/UI, mobile apps and also content analysis
– Monitoring advertising assets across the web and mobile sites and optimising them
– Working with the editor and her team of writers, motivating them and making sure of content pipelines and their predictability
– Working with the Sales team to pitch for campaigns and working with ad-ops, creative and art teams to fulfil the same
– Reporting daily and monthly numbers to the board and having weekly meetings with them along with the team
– Understanding and implementing best practices to gain and retain traffic (knowledge, experience and understanding of SEO would be great)
– Making sure that the site is up at all times by working closely with the tech teams and helping them improve the site functionality (WordPress) etc. and informing them of traffic tsunamis in advance
Who could you be? (Background and Experience)
You would be an ideal candidate if you have worked in an online/mobile Bollywood/entertainment portal, content website or any medium to large-sized online publishing business in a Business/Head of Department role.
Some kind of degree that proves that you have studied, are educated and can read & write perfectly.
You must have industry references of living people.
Who will you be reporting to?
Alok Kejriwal – Chairman of the Board.
Age & Experience:
5 to 7 years work experience. We are open to the level of experience you bring along.
Working in line with:
The existing teams in the Company (some full time; some shared between group companies).
As a practice, we have typically matched candidates with their existing salary packages and we throw in lucrative performance incentives; and of course ESOPs.*
The idea is to make you take an ownership role and then provide additional compensation on performance.
Note that we do not want people to join us just for a better salary. We don’t bribe people to join us. Instead, we want people to join us for the love of what we do and the opportunity to shine professionally!
*In the exit of mobile2win China to Disney, and when Nirvana Venture Funds invested into Games2win – the group has now a proven track record of demonstrating how valuable its company ESOPs can be.
Growth and prospects:
This is a dream job for anyone who loves online content, consumers, traffic, the excitement of publishing and creating massive digital properties!
In terms of growth, you could rise all the way to the top to become the CEO of the Company and lead the Company completely.
If this role interests you, then we have some homework for you:
Visit our koimoi.com (web and mobile) site, visit our competitor sites, google the industry and then revert with:
What would you like to implement immediately on koimoi.com (it could be anything (content, presentation, UX, UI, visibility of content etc. or nothing at all) that could deliver more engagement with the properties?
How would you expand the Koimoi business? What would be your main initiatives? (Please don’t say things like ‘advertise or run marketing campaigns’. We have never advertised the brand and believe that great content packaged with awesome consumer experience drives massive popularity).
Send your CV and thoughts to: email@example.com