Even though Gangs of Wasseypur 2 did not get positive reviews by one and all, some still believe it to be at par with any cult movie. Here are the 10 reasons why I believe you should watch the sequel to Gangs of Wasseypur.
When Anurag Kashyap comes out with a movie, it intrigues everyone. It is brilliant, interesting and off beat. That is exactly what Brand Kashyap symbolizes. Gangs of Wasseypur 2 has been rated as a must watch from every deemed and established film critic of the industry. The film has an extremely rugged, yet multi faceted character and the ending leaves you wanting for more. There are a multitude of reasons why you should watch this movie. Here’s to the top 10 of them –
1) How many times in Bollywood would you come across a movie with a feel of earthiness in it? Rarely. While the rest of Bollywood has temporarily shifted to Manhattanand other exotic locations, Kashyap has decided to descend back to the more rural parts. The story has a raw essence and the plot is set in Jharkhand, a rather culturally rich yet rugged part ofIndia. The characters are created to compliment the same and the story is smooth enough to pass through comfortably.
2) Not quite a docu drama and still the tone is such. Contrary to popular belief, a docu drama can be informative, matter-of-fact-ly and yet so interesting that you can be absolutely glued to the screen. There is not a single un-whacky moment in the film. The freshness of the plot works for it, as always. You will learn the hard realities of ruralIndiamore from this movie than from your social sciences book.
3) The Great Indian **cked up system has never been more brilliantly portrayed. There is a sharp, nascent sense of humor. There is a overpowering shadow of fear of politicians and goons ( the trajectories often intersect). There is power politics and then there is the state of victims. It is social, satirical and at places very comical too.
4) The plot is absolutely relishing and gripping. The story line is very twist in the tale. And yet, it is told simply without confusing the audiences. If someone can appreciate intelligent cinema, they are bound to love this one. What seems like a never ending saga of revenge develops into a fantastic climax and makes you want to walk into its second part just that instant.
5) The characterization has been done simply and honestly. At no point does the character betray the plot and its basic themes. The hero, the villain all enmesh to create many shades of grey. The male character is sexual, sensual, powerful yet foolish and women, unlike the other lead ladies, take pride in the brutal behavior of their men and their unabashed use of power. At no point does any character fall out of place or slip into a loophole of the plot.
6) The movie has its share of violent scenes and moments. The revenge saga track is incomplete without it. The USP of the movie is that it handles the plot without judging a character. The futility of violence and war is obviously implicated but the way it is perceived is rather fresh and lucid.
7) Each actor plays their role to absolute perfection. A few were better than others, but the general standard of acting is worth watching. You have to see to believe.
8) The music is catching. The film use as much natural-ness of reality and real world as possible. And that works to give the film an aroma of its earthy, clayey feel. The music gives the script a great deal of strength.
9) The movie asks for un-judgmental, patient viewing. You don’t have to be a lover of art or literature to like this movie. But if you happen to enjoy prose reading sessions, this movie is to relished and admired.
10) The best thing about the movie is it doesn’t end. It is to be concluded in its forthcoming part which keeps the eagerness of its audiences alive.
This movie demands a certain degree of ignoring the abusive language and the violence. As an intelligent audience, I urge you to keep your sensibilities open and view the film in its rightful light. Trust the maker’s instinct. The abuse and the violence is used to create the plot in stronger fashion. Go ahead. Relish the film. It is Must-watch. I assure you, there will be no regrets. And always remember, Brand Anrag Kashyap creates different and never lets you down! Kudos Indeed.