2013 was a rather dull affair for Bollywood, with many high budgeted and anticipatory veneer films leaving a bitter taste. But it’s 2014, and the New Year brings forth a new beginning. There are many films to look forward to this year, but one of our readers, finds Highway, 1st in the list.
Here he writes to us five reasons on why Highway might just turn out to be the film that gives a fresh lease of life to the beaten to death romantic genre of Bollywood.
1) Sundry Star Cast: The star cast of the film is as diverse as it can get. While on one side you have the bubbly, promising yet rawness and vulnerability of Alia Bhatt, on the other side you have the ever dependable Randeep Hooda, whose repute for intense roles is well known.
2) Rosy Promos: The theatrical trailer has mostly received a positive response from the audiences and critics alike and has recorded many hits overall. There is a strong positive vibe for the film and the song promos have only been an icing on the cake.
3) The Return of Indian Mozart: A.R. Rahman who’s making a name for himself in the Western terrain, is also making sure that his Indian fans do not get disappointed. After teaming up with a similar team for Rockstar, he has composed and also crooned to a couple of tracks for Highway. If the song promos till now are anything to go by, then Rahman has certainly created magic yet again.
4) Imtiaz Ali Never Goes Wrong: Imtiaz Ali has been the paragon of this genre of cinema. Be it the slightly incongruous and unconventional films (Rockstar, Socha Na Tha) , or films with universal appeal (Jab We Met, Love Aaj Kal), Ali has time and again honed his craft of storytelling, proficiently bringing something new to the table.
5) Intriguing Premise: The premise of the film seems interesting- A hapless girl, en route to salvation, rediscovers her freedom and zeal to live life after being abducted. And guess whom she falls in love with- the abductor himself! Quite an unheard fantasy tale, aye?
Highway is scheduled to release worldwide on February 21, 2014.
Wanna get famous? Want to share your analysis about a star or film? Koimoi.com invites you to write about your favourite films, stars or anything Bollywood! Check out more details here.