Name: Mugdha Godse
Birthdate: 26th July, 1986
Marital Status: Unmarried
Awards and Nominations:
1) In the year 2009, Mugdha Godse was nominated for the Filmfare Best Female Debut Award for the movie ‘Fashion’.
2) In the same year, she also got nominated for the Star Screen Award for the Best Supporting Actress category for the film ‘Fashion’.
3) She won the Stardust Superstar of Tomorrow- Female Award in 2010 for her film ‘Jail’.
4) This very year, she was also nominated for the Stardust Breakthrough Performance Female Award for ‘All the Best: Fun Begins’.
5) She was the winner of the 2009 Apsara Best Female Debut Award for ‘Fashion’.
6) She also received Mata Sanman Award in the Best Debutant Female category for ‘Fashion’.
1) Mugdha Godse had been a judge in ‘Marathi Paul PadtePudhe’, a Marathi television reality show.
2) She is a 2004 Femina Miss India semi finalist.
Biography: Mugdha Godse, the well-known model turned actress was born on the 26th of July, 1986 to a middle class family in the Indian city of Pune, Maharashtra. She has a sibling named Madhura. Mugdha pursued her Bachelor of Commerce degree from MarathwadaMitraMandal College of Commerce situated at Pune.
During her early days Mugdha used to lead a very tough life. She made her living by selling oil and she used to earn rupees 100 every day. Later on she started devoting her time to fitness and working out at the gym. Sooner she even started taking part in numerous beauty contests. It was the year 2002 when she achieved her first ever breakthrough by winning the Gladrags Mega Model Hunt and through this show, she came into the limelight. Same year she also participated in the Best Model of the World 2002 and she won an award for the Best National Costume as Miss India. Next up she participated in one of India’s biggest modelling contest, the Femina Miss India contest.
She has also been involved in various television commercials such as Airtel, Close Up and many more. She shared the screen with Shahrukh Khan in an Airtel commercial. Apart from modelling and acting, she has also spent five years doing music videos, press ads and commercials. She had also walked the runway at various well-known international as well as national ramps.
Some of the music videos which she has done are as follows: ‘Koka Tera Koka’ (Jassi, T-Series), ‘Le Kar Hum Diwana Dil’ (Times Music),‘Mauja Len De’ (Daler Mehndi, T-Series), ‘Chhup Chhup Khade Ho’ (Jagdish Mali, Times Music)and ‘Jab Chhaye Mera Jadoo’ (along with Irfan Pathan, Sony Music).
MugdhaGodse made her first entry into Bollywod with the 2008 Madhur Bhandarkar film, ‘Fashion’, starring herself, Priyanka Chopra, Kangana Ranaut, Samir Soni, Arbaaz Khan and Arjan Bajwa. This film which portrayed the dark side of the glamour world was a big success at the theatres and Mugdha received numerous nominations and awards for her portrayal of Janet, a small time model.
Next year in 2009, she made her appearance in two more flicks: the first, ‘All the Best: Fun Begins’ was a comedy film by Rohit Shetty and the second was ‘Jail’, a film by MadhurBhandarkar. Next up she appeared in the 2010 horror film by Rajeev Virani titled ‘Help’.
Some of her filmography includes: ‘Fashion’ (2008), ‘All the Best: Fun Begins’ (2009), ‘Jail’ (2009), ‘Help’ (2010), ‘Gali Gali Chor Hai’ (2012), ‘Will You Marry Me?’ (2012) and ‘Heroine’ (2012). Her upcoming releases are ‘Afra Tafri’ and ‘Oh God! Saare Hain Fraud’.