Name: Chetan Bhagat
Birthdate: 22nd April, 1974
Marital Status: Chetan Bhagat first came across his ‘would be’ wife, Anusha Suryanarayan at IIM Ahmedabad. Both of them got married in 1999 and they moved to the city of Hong Kong where both of them started working. Later Chetan Bhagat shifted to Mumbai where he started pursuing his passion for the art of writing. Anusha and Bhagat are the parents of twins Ishaan and Shyam.
1) Chetan Bhagat appeared as the judge on the television show, Voice of India Star Anchor Hunt.
2) Bhagat gave two famous speeches namely :
> The ‘SPARK’ speech was given by him at the orientation ceremony at Symbiosis, Pune for the new batch of BBA Students.
> ‘Becoming One With The World’ was another famous speech given by Bhagat at the HT Leadership Summit, Delhi.
3) Apart from the aforementioned speeches, Bhagat is also delivers speeches at various programs held by media houses and newspapers such as ‘The Times of India’, ‘Dainik Bhaskar’ and many more.He also writes for columns for numerous newspapers and magazines.
4) Bhagat made his way into Time Magazine’s list of ‘World’s 100 Most Influential People in 2010’.
5) In the year 2008, Chetan Bhagat was stated by The New York Times as “the biggest selling English language novelist in India’s history”.
6) He is an NRI and he is a Singapore citizen.
In 2004, Chetan Bhagat received the Society’s Young Achiever’s Award and the Publisher’s Recognition Award in the year 2005.
Chetan Bhagat is a well-known Indian writer, speaker and columnist. He is the author of five top-selling novels:
1) Five Point Someone- What Not to do at IIT! (2004)
2) One Night @ The Call Centre (2005)
3) The 3 Mistakes Of My Life (2008)
4) 2 States: The Story of My Marriage (2009)
5) Revolution 2020: Love, Corruption, Ambition (2011)
Many of the aforementioned books have movies based upon them. Some of his movie adaptations are as follows:
v The 2008 film, ‘Hello’ directed by Atul Agnihotri is based on Chetan’s novel ‘One Night @ The Call Centre’.
v Rajkumar Hirani’s ‘3 Idiots’ which was released in 2009, is an adaptation from the 2004 novel, ‘Five Point Someone: What Not to do at IIT!’. The Tamil flick, ‘Nanban’, directed by Shankar is also another movie adaptation of the abovementioned novel.
v The year 2013 will see two of Chetan Bhagat’s novels being made into films: the first being ‘Kai Po Che!’, directed by Abhishek Kapoor, adapted from ‘The 3 Mistakes of My Life’ and the second being Karan Johar’s ‘2 States’based on the 2009 novel, ‘2 States: The Story of My Marriage’.
Chetan Bhagat was born to a middle class family on the 22nd of April, 1974 at the capital city of New Delhi, India. Chetan’s mother was an official in government’s agricultural sector whereas his father used to work in the Indian army. He completed his schooling from the Army Public School situated in Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi (1978 to 1991). He did his Mechanical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi (1991 to 1995) and then he further pursued his education at the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM) (1995 to 1997). At the IIM, he was given the title of the “Best Outgoing Student”.
During his stay at Hong Hong, Chetan Bhagat worked in Deutsche bank as an Investment Banker for 11 years and then he moved to the City of Dreams, Mumbai with his wife, Anusha in 2008. Then he gave up his job and devoted his entire time to writing.
Chetan’s style of writing is simple with vivid descriptions and linear narratives. Most of the protagonists in his novels are named after Lord Krishna such as Shyam, Krishna, Hari and Govind. All his novels released so far has a number associated with each of them: 5 in the first novel, 1 in the second one, 3 in the third, 2 in the fourth and 2020 in the fifth novel. When asked about this numerology behind each novel, Chetan replied smartly, “I’m a banker. I can’t get numbers out of my head.”
- Hottie Katrina Kaif Scorches In Afghan Jalebi Song From Phantom
- Fantastic Four | Official Hindi Trailer
- Welcome Back’s 1st Song ‘Tutti Bole Wedding Di’ Released
- Ae Mere Humsafar From Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak Revived In ‘All is Well’
- Just In : Brothers Anthem – Featuring Akshay Kumar, Sidharth Malhotra
|Rs. 272.25 cr|
|Rs. 95.76 cr|
|Rs. 08.77 cr|
|Rs. 01.28 cr|
|Rs. 105.74 cr|