Name: Shreya Ghoshal
Birthday: 12th March, 1984
Marital Status: Single.
1) National Film Award for the Best Female Playback Singer – “Bairi Piya” (Movie: Devdas; 2002)
2) National Film Award for the Best Female Playback Singer – “Dheere Jalna” (Movie : Paheli; 2005)
3) National Film Award for the Best Female Playback Singer – “Yeh Ishq Haye” (Movie: Jab We Met; 2007)
4) National Film Award for the Best Female Playback Singer – “Pherari Mon” (Bengali Movie : Antaheen; 2008)
5) Filmfare Award for the Best Female Playback Singer – “Dola Re” (Movie: Devdas; 2002)
6) Filmfare Award for the Best Female Playback Singer – “Jaadu Hai Nasha Hai” (Movie: Jism; 2004)
7) Filmfare Award for the Best Female Playback Singer – “Barso Re” (Movie: Guru; 2008)
8) Filmfare Award for the Best Female Playback Singer – “Teri Ore” (Movie: Singh is Kinng; 2009)
9) Zee Cine Awards Best Female Playback Singer – “Piyu Bole” (Movie : Parineeta; 2006)
10) Zee Cine Awards Best Female Playback Singer – “Saibo” (Movie: Shor In the City; 2012)
11) IIFA Best Female Playback Award – “Teri Meri” (Movie: Bodyguard; 2012)
12) Screen Award for Best Female Playback – “Baahara” (Movie : I Hate Luv Storys; 2011)
13) Filmfare R.D Burman Award for New Music Talent in 2003.
Trivia: Sheya Ghoshal has had the honor of being felicitated by the United States’ State of Ohio for her contribution to music. State Governor, Mr. Ted Strickland, has declared the 26th of June as the – Shreya Ghoshal Day.
Biography: She was born into a Bengali family in Durgapur, Bengal. However she was brought up in the small town near Kota, Rajasthan named Rawatbhata. Her father was an engineer at the nuclear power plant and her mother had an inclination towards art and music. Shreya was trained in Hindustan Classical Gharana of music. She won the children’s special series of Zee Television’s popular reality show ‘Sa Re Ga Ma’. The show provided her the platform to interact with industry’s veteran musicians and music directors. Kalyanji happened to judge her at the event and took the extra mile in convincing her parents to get her down to Mumbai. Kalyanji personally trained her for eighteen months.
She really catapulted to fame overnight with the popularity of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s film “Devdas”. Being an period based epic saga, its music was dramatic. Shreya’s voice for the songs was not only appreciated by audiences and critics, she became a rage with everyone. She recorded five songs for just this particular film and each of them was a musical hit. She won several awards for her songs in that film. She went on to work with every popular music director in the industry. From A.R Rahman to Shantanu Moitra, she has worked with every director winning them and herself accolades for her singing. She has worked in South Indian playback arena too as well as sung for Bengali cinema. Her songs have a pious beauty and serene charm, so sweet that it almost reaches her listeners to a musical heaven. Shreya Ghoshal is presently Bollywood’s top most female playback singer and her presence at the moment is so strong that she is undoubtedly going to remain the numero uno for many more years to come.
- The 5th Wave Official Trailer | A Lethal Attack Of Aliens
- Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 Trailer | Twisted Theories Of Love – Guys Vs Girls
- O Khuda Song | Sooraj-Athiya Recreate Their ‘Hero’ Love Story On Sta
- Tamasha Video : Deepika Shows Us How Ranbir Knows ‘Nothing’ About So
- ‘A Happy Woman Is A Myth’ : A Bunch Of Real Life Guys Recreate Pyaar
|Rs. 44.52 cr|
|Rs. 18.50 cr|
|Rs. 10.00 cr|
|Rs. 82.47 cr|
|Rs. 05.50 cr|