Director: Deepa Mehta
Producer: David Hamilton
Music Director: Nitin Sawhney
Writer: Salman Rushdie
Plot: “Born in the hour of India’s freedom. Handcuffed to history.”
Midnight’s Children is an epic film from Oscar-nominated director Deepa Mehta, based on the Booker Prize winning novel by Salman Rushdie. At the stroke of midnight on August 15, 1947, as India proclaims independence from Great Britain, two newborn babies are switched by a nurse in a Bombay hospital. Saleem Sinai, the illegitimate son of a poor woman, and Shiva, the offspring of a wealthy couple, are fated to live the destiny meant for each other. Their lives become mysteriously intertwined and are inextricably linked to India’s whirlwind journey of triumphs and disasters.
From the unlikely romance of Saleem’s grandparents to the birth of his own son, Midnight’s Children is a journey at once sweeping in scope and yet intimate in tone. Hopeful, comic and magical – the film conjures images and characters as rich and unforgettable as India herself.
Actors: Anupam Kher, Rahul Bose, Ronit Roy, Siddharth
Actress: Nandita Das, Shabana Azmi, Shriya Saran, Soha Ali Khan
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s Research & Preparations As Detective Byomkesh
- Is Sushant Singh Rajput Following Shah Rukh Khan’s Footsteps?
- Salman Khan Dances With Bajrangi Kids On Bajrangi Bhaijaan’s Sets
- Why Was Pritam Keen To Compose Album For Salman Khan’s ‘Bajrangi Bha
- Mahesh Babu, Vijay, Dhanush, Vikram, Surya : Catch The Famous South Superstars
|Rs. 08.00 cr|
|Rs. 02.50 cr|
|Rs. 28.00 cr|
|Rs. 07.00 cr|
|Rs. 27.50 cr|