‘Vishwaroopam’ Screening Stopped In Hyderabad
The Andhra Pradesh government Friday stopped the release of Kamal Haasan’s film Vishwaroopam in Hyderabad after some Muslims organisations complained that the movie had hurt religious sentiments of the community.
Home Minister Sabita Indra Reddy directed police to stop the screening till Jan 28 after some Muslim leaders called on her and demanded a ban on it.
Following this, Hyderabad police commissioner asked cinema distributors not to screen the movie at theatres in the city.
Cyberabad police commissioner, covering areas around Hyderabad, also directed theatres not to show the movie.
Officials said the orders were issued in view of the demands by Muslim organisations. Also, there were fears of law and order problems on the occasion of Milad-un-Nabi being celebrated Friday.
It was not immediately clear if the movie would be released in the rest of the state.
A day earlier, the Madras High Court declined to stay Tamil Nadu government’s order suspending the release of the film.
The court asked the filmmaker to postpone the release till Jan 28 so that it could view the same Jan 26.
The movie in Tamil and Telugu was scheduled for release Friday; the Hindi version, titled Vishwaroop, is set to hit the screens Feb 1. on
Vishwaroopam is produced and directed by Kamal Haasan, who has also acted in it.
- All Is Well’s Chaar Shanivaar Full Song Released
- Aaj Ki Party Song From Bajrangi Bhaijaan Now Out | Ft. Salman Khan, Kareena Kapo
- Chaar Shanivaar Song Teaser | All Is Well | Get Ready To Shake Your Legs ‘
- Exclusive : Know All About Dharmendra’s Quirky Role In Second Hand Husband
- Ishq Karenge Song | Bangistan | Ft. Jacqueline Fernandez, Riteish Deshmukh, Pulk
|Rs. 01.03 cr|
|Rs. 98.05 cr|
|Rs. 37.57 cr|
|Rs. 76.88 cr|
|Rs. 08.00 cr|