Name: Remo D’Souza
Birthdate: 2nd April, 1974
Marital Status: Remo is married to Lizelle D’Souza.
1) In the year 2004, Remo D’Souza won the Technical Award for the Best Choreography in the song ‘Meherbaan’ from the 2003 film ‘Tehzeeb’.
2) Three years later in 2007 he won the Best Director Award at the Asian Film Festival- Dubai for his 2007 film ‘LalPahar’r Katha’ (‘The Red Hill Story’).
Biography: Remo D’Souza, the renowned choreographer, dancer, film director and actor was born on the 2nd of April, 1974 and he studied from Jamnagar in Gujarat. He pursued his higher secondary studies while living at Jamnagar and during his board exams he got this realization that he had no interest in studies. So he left studies and then moved to Mumbai to look for opportunities in the field of dancing. Ever since his childhood he did not get any kind of professional training in dancing. Whatever dance he learnt in his life, was through films and videos.
Later on he opened up a dance institute by the name of Super Brats. Sooner later, he along with 3 friends opened up 2 branches of Super Brats, one at Borivali and the other at Andheri. Initially he started with four students in his dance class which later on increased.
His team earned the much needed recognition in the All India Dance Competition where his team secured the first place. During that period of time, Ahmed Khan was working on ‘Rangeela’ (a film by Ram GopalVarma) and was looking for new faces. Remo went to the audition and he got selected but because of his dark complexion, he was initially rejected. Ahmad’s assistant insisted Ram GopalVarma to take Remo in the film because of his dancing expertise and as a result, he got selected for the film.
As an actor some of his films include ‘Rangeela’, ‘Pardes’, ‘Meenaxi: A Tale of Three Cities’ and ‘Aflatoon’.
‘ABCD: Any Body Can Dance’ is one of his upcoming films as a director. This would be India’s very first 3d dance film and would be starring Prabhu Deva, Kay KayMenon and others.This film would be released in both Hindi and Telugu on the 8th of February, 2013. Apart from ABCD, he had also directed ‘F.A.L.T.U’ in 2011 and the Bengali flick titled ‘LalPahar’r Katha’ in the year 2007.
He had been a song director for films like ‘Bas Ek Pal’, ‘F.A.L.T.U’, ‘Singh Is Kinng’, ‘KalKissneDekha’, ‘Double Dhamaal’, ‘Tum Mile’, ‘London Dreams’, ‘Kaminey’, ‘KalHoNaaHo’, ‘Life Partner’, ‘Paying Guest’, ‘Luck’, ‘Ek- The Power of One’, ‘Jai Veeru’, ‘The Stoneman Murders’, ‘Victory’ and several others.
Remo D’Souza apart from acting and directing has also appeared on the small screen in various dance and reality shows as a judge, as a host and as contestants. These include ‘Dance India Dance’ (Season 1 and 2), ‘JhalakDikhhlaJaa’, ‘Dance India Dance Doubles’, ‘Dance Ke Superstars’ and many more.
- All Is Well’s Chaar Shanivaar Full Song Released
- Aaj Ki Party Song From Bajrangi Bhaijaan Now Out | Ft. Salman Khan, Kareena Kapo
- Chaar Shanivaar Song Teaser | All Is Well | Get Ready To Shake Your Legs ‘
- Exclusive : Know All About Dharmendra’s Quirky Role In Second Hand Husband
- Ishq Karenge Song | Bangistan | Ft. Jacqueline Fernandez, Riteish Deshmukh, Pulk
|Rs. 01.03 cr|
|Rs. 98.05 cr|
|Rs. 37.57 cr|
|Rs. 76.88 cr|
|Rs. 08.00 cr|